Sunday, March 21, 2010

What is the point in complaining of being offended?

A while back we where talking in class about being offended by TV. A few people said what did offend them but I said that I have never seen anything on TV that has offended me. I saw this comedian that summed up what I was trying to say that day. What does it it mean to be offended. Nothing happens. When people say that they where outraged by a TV program it annoys me. So what if you were, why do do you feel the need to complain. Just don't watch the show that you don't like. There are loads of people who do like the show that you are complaining about so let them watch their show and you can watch the show that are aimed for you. There is something for everyone on TV so people should watch what they like and if you start to watch a show and you are offended just turn over the channel. For example the whole Saxgate saga really annoyed me. There was just no need whatsoever for anyone to complain. What it the point of it. All you are doing is ruining something that loads of people do enjoy. When I say you I don't mean anyone in the class I mean the general public. So anyway rant over and  here is this comedian who I completly agree with and says what I am trying to say.

1 comment:

  1. It all reminds me of the Frankie Howerd comedy series Up Pompeii which screened on BBC in the 70s. The humour was fairly blue but the viewing figures were enormous. It was screened on a Monday night and the standard Tuesday morning conversation for six weeks was how offended people had been the night before. Yet they managed to tune in week after week and turn a TV show into a two-movie spin-off franchise.

    ReplyDelete