Saturday, November 21, 2009

Memento

No spoilers BTW



Memento is a truly brilliant piece of cinema and I am so glad Julia helped me pick it in the library.

When I booked it out loads of people said that it was brilliant so I was exited to watch it. I thought the idea of how it was edited was fascinating; it was so cleaver and the only way to tell the story. I can’t imagine how you could pitch it. “I want to tell the story backwards”

There was a point in the film when I thought that it could go on forever, which it could have done but they do round it up so nicely. This film would definitely go into my top ten favourite films of all time with out a doubt. It was extremely refreshing to watch a new type of film that didn’t tell a story in the conventional way. It engaged you by forcing you to remember what you had just watch and really pay attention.

Don't think that this is just a serious smart film, it did have quite a lot of funny points. I laughed out loud on a number of occasions.

I wanted to put a trailer in this blog but all the trailers have massive spoilers in them, so beware if you have not watched this yet. I say yet because you should watch it soon!

If anyone knows of any other films that are told in this non linier format please tell me because I would love to see another film that is a cleaver and twisting as Memento.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it! The other backwards film that springs to mind is "Irreversible" but it's seriously, seriously explicit and violent and I haven't actually managed to watch it. Apparently, it's good though, ask Ada if you want more details, she loves it.

    ReplyDelete