Saturday, December 12, 2009

Das Cabinet des Dr. what's his name.



So Dr Caligari.


What an incredibly strange but intriguing film. I felt very confused at some points but still captivated by the strangeness of the actors themselves but most of all the weird set. I could follow the general plot of the film no problem. Scientist makes monster which kills some people. I think I did miss the undertones of this film. I would never have thought that this film was representation the time when Germany was sleeping in between wars. I could not figure out why the set was as strange. I now know because Andy told us and it does make sense. Maybe I was just taken a back by this weird silent German horror film I could not properly put on my film making glasses and see this film for what it really was.



No comments:

Post a Comment