Monday, February 8, 2010

Precious. A true cinema moment.


I first heard of this film when we were standing in the cinema looking at the screen and it was the only thing on. I had no idea what it was about and Meg said it was about a fat black girl who gets pregnant. I thought this sounded pretty rubbish and decided to go home and make cheesy pasta. I then started to hear so much about it. A couple of days later everyone was talking about it. It was nominated for a few oscars, it was on the news and I was a bit gutted that I had made cheesy pasty instead of going to see it.

So Sam and I bought our tickets and went to the chippy to get some dinner before it started. We were cutting it fine but as you will know if you have ever been to the cinema with Sam you will never go in on time. He says that there are always twenty minutes of trailers and that there is no point watching all the adverts. So we smuggle are chippy in just as it starts.

This screen was packed. I mean sooooo busy we couldn't even see one seat. So still a bit out of breath walked up the stairs and peered into the mass of people looking for some seats. We spotted some at the very back and got a couple to move along so that we can sit together (so i can give sam his pizza crunch and chips). We finally sit down and take our many layers off as it was snowing outside. Then we got out our food. I have never been so embarrassed in my life. We were the people everyone hates in the cinema. Comes in late, makes a fuss about their seats then whips out a sinking chippy wrapped in noisy paper. This was not a loud action film, every bite echoed thoughout the whole screen.


Putting the palaver aside what I thought of the film.

For me I had what Andy has been going on about for ages, a true cinema moment. It was about thirty minutes in and I was engrossed. The whole cinema was silent and then everybody gasped in horror at the same time. I found myself sitting bolt upright and saying "Noooo". I don' t want to ruin what happened because you need to see it for your self. I felt like I was apart of something. Everyone was thinking the same thing at the same time. You could hear a pin drop after it happened. My mum says that she can remember seeing Schindler's List in the cinema and at the end not one person got up out of their seats. I now finaly have a moment of my own.

The rest of the film was great as well. It had a good strong story and plot filled with loads of lows and highs that kept me glued to my seat as it took me on a roller coaster of emotions. I think that this film deserves all the hype it has and if it is not too late then you should see this in the cinema before it leaves.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had your movie moment and I hope you have many more - but tell Sam the trailers are the best bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, although i did say Precious is about a pregnant black girl ( which it technically is) i also said that i loved this film. Im glad you enjoyed the film, and i felt exactly the same way at that moment you were talking about, it just got more shocking as the film went on. It was really great though.
    And well done on all of your blogs, there are so many :D

    ReplyDelete