Monday, February 8, 2010

FML Again

I had just finished work and got into my car and it would not start. My car is 15 years old so I was not to surprised but was gutted. I have no idea about cars so I went back into work to get Mo who is a mechanic. My lights would turn on but the engine would not start. He said that my battery had died because my lights were very dim. So I started on a quest to find some jump leads. I asked everyone in work then started to ask the public in the car park. I went to every car and asked and nobody had any. I then walked over to the garage and they didn't have any either. I then phoned my dad to see if he could help me. Sure enough with in two minutes of him getting there my car was working. The problem was not the battery. I had not put it into neutral. As it is an automatic it will not start unless it is in neutral. I have been driving this car since September so there was no excuse for me not knowing. I was so embarrassed! But I could not simply turn my engine on and drive away. I made my dad look under my bonnet and pretend to turn things so that all the people in the car park didn't think that I was a complete tool. I would never see them again but I couldn't face the shame as I drove past them. So after 10 minutes of pretending I was finally able to drive away.

FML

No comments:

Post a Comment