Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Elvis, Orks, Wizards and Ents.




After playing Lord of The Rings risk I really wanted to watch the films again. It had been ages since I had seen them and my extended edition box sets had been starting at me for some time now. So today I picked up the Two Towers and put it on. I forgot how beautiful this film was in some bits. It is not just people running around waving swords it is filled with wonderful cinematography. Although most of it is helicopter shots of New Zealand you are able to forget that and believe that it is a far away land. I found myself totally lost in this film and spent a good three hours watching it on my sofa. One of the great things about this film is that if you start to get bored of a story line it changes and you start to follow a different group of people. Then there is the spectacular battle scenes. I could watch Helms Deep be attacked all day and now I have to look forward to the battle at the Black Gate and Minas Tirith.  I am going to save The Return of the King for the next day we have off.

1 comment:

  1. It's strange, while there are beautiful parts and emotional parts, the parts I remember are invariable the bits with running around and sword waving. Still, they're fantastic movies!

    ReplyDelete