Monday, January 11, 2010

What I watched over the Holiday

 I have not really blogged over the holiday because I did not think that I had seen anything worth blogging about. However knowing that I had to do I blog I started to think and I have actually seen quite a few very good films both old and new. For instence I cought Whatever Happened to Baby Jane on Sky Movies the other night and I stayed up till 3 in the morning watching it. This is with out a doubt a fantastic film and truly deserves a blog dedicated to it so I will not say that much about it now other than I watched it in my holiday break and was blown away by it.


 I also went to see Nowhere Boy which was brilliant. It was very believable. What I mean by that is I suppose is that the acting in it was good along with the script. I could believe the words each character was saying and they way they said it. It was a sad film that pulled on many of my emotions so I would recommend  that you catch this beauty before it leaves our cinema. 



I also whatched On the Waterfront again which has one of my fravoutice cinema moments in it. It was great to hear those famous words again. 


"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley. "




Most people have heard that saying even if they have not seen the film. This film is filled with beautiful little moments that make me want to make films. One thing that this film does is show how important your actors are to making your film come alive. If this film did not have an actor as good as Marlin Brando then it would have been nowhere as good as what it was.


Then there was also David Tennant leaving Doctor Who. I won't be able to talk about that in as much detail as Filk but I can say that I thought it was moving. I have watched all of his episodes and was sad to see him go. I thought that they did it well and it was nice to see that Russell T Davies was able to say goodbye to all of his characters that might not make an appearance again under Moffat's rule. 


And then there was the Harry Potter marathon. Nothing can really make me happier than letting my mind go numb and watching Harry and the gang. Oh what I would give to be in Harry Potter! That would be the film I would like to be transported into. I could see my self fighting off dark wizards with Hermione by my side. Also disappearing would be so cool. 


So all in all a good run of catching up on films and TV. Although here I have mentioned the ones I enjoyed. I did watch a lot of Road Wars and and other rubbish day time TV. 


Thanks for reading :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment