Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lighting Class.



We started off doing lighting last week with Ray. I have enjoyed his lighting classes more than I did the camera classes. That is not because the other one is dull I just am quite interested in lights. At first I thought I knew quite a bit about lights but as it turned out that was not the case. I had never seen a kino light before. It’s a bit odd to say but now I think that that is my favourite light. It gave a nice soft look and was very easy to set up. It also does not get hot and is very light to carry around. I will hopefully get to play with it this weekend but I think I handed in my booking form too late. Maybe next week :). Also I learned a lot of terminology that I did not learn at Cardonald. Like the ARI 150's are called peppers. It is stuff like that which will be very useful if I am on a set as a runner. I also learned about Jumper leads which are 16amp to 13amp cables. We had none of that at Cardonald. Everything we played with had a plug. This looks much more professional and will be what the industry will be using. The most important thing I have learned is to not go into a situation and think you know everything. There is always something you can learn from any situation. I have learned a lot from Ray and I look forward to learning a lot more from him. I like his teaching style now all I have to do is put what he has taught us into a practical scenario. 

Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment